Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best practice (burn the remain premix fuel)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best practice (burn the remain premix fuel)?

Dear all,

I own a C75TLRS (75 hp 2 stroke model 94), it uses a premix fuel only.

My doubt is: What is better, ...burn the remain fuel that keeps inside the carburators after a fishing weekend, or leave it in there?

I usually go fishing once every 4-6 weeks.

My motor has a quick connector for the fuel line for this reason is easy to disconnect the fuel supply line and leave the motor turned on until it turned off by itself (after 2 or 3 minutes). On this way the premix fuel is totally burned and my opinion this practice maintain clean enough the carbs, am I correct?

Any comments or advices will be well received.

Best regards,
    Jesus L.

yes burn it out its better to be safe then sorry. in todays world gas can turn bad in as little as 2 weeks

Comment

I would disagree with running the motor until it dies, along with quite a few others. If you run until it dies you are running the cylinders out of gas and that is where there lubrication comes from and all of the fuel is not sucked out which leaves just a small amount of fuel left to evaporate and leave varnish which will just build up even faster. Some say to drain the carb by opening the bowl drains if you plan on leaving it for a long period of time, but then you should probably fog the motor before you store it also. Use a fuel stabilizer and just run it as often as you can. Even the Yamaha manuals wants the carbs cleaned yearly.

Comment

use the Stabil Marine all the time, install fuel/water seperator, drain carbs every month or so. I start my motor up at least every 2 or 3 weeks and just let it run at idle for a while to keep the fuel "fresh" in float chamber. when you drain the carbs, pump the bulb to "flush out" float chamber and float needle valves. Clean, fresh fuel! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X