I know you guys have the answerto my question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you guys have the answerto my question

This is were i stand at this time.No start on one of my 1998 L200TXRX..As of now i have jumped the brown wires in the remote 704 box no start..I have swiched the key harmness no start..Engine will start if i jump the starter ..I am at a stand still ca anyone Help.......Thank you Frank
    Last edited by Mako253; 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM.

Check the starter relay. The brown wire likes to break at the relay.

Comment

If you switched the harness with the other motor and it started the other motor, then it has to be in the wiring from the connector you switched them at and the relay itself. Get a manual with a wiring diagram of your motor and see if it runs anywhere else. If not, it has to be a broken wire at a connector or in the wire itself. I have seen a nick in the insulation cause corrosion to eat the wire into or at least enough to keep the current from flowing even you have voltage through it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        If you switched the harness with the other motor and it started the other motor, then it has to be in the wiring from the connector you switched them at and the relay itself. Get a manual with a wiring diagram of your motor and see if it runs anywhere else. If not, it has to be a broken wire at a connector or in the wire itself. I have seen a nick in the insulation cause corrosion to eat the wire into or at least enough to keep the current from flowing even you have voltage through it.
        Thank you for your answers i will check the starter relay,and get back to you guys Thanks again...Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mako253 View Post
          Thank you for your answers i will check the starter relay,and get back to you guys Thanks again...Frank
          The problem is over it was the starter relay .....Thanks again to all you guys great web site keep on fishing etc.

Comment

Working...
          X