Can not find a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not find a part

Can anyone help I am looking for a neutral safety switch. I have a dual 704 controls for my 200hp Yamaha engine's no power going to the starboard engine, I put the key in the controls turn the key and I get nothing the only thing I do get is a click I guess that is the choke..Also I do not know why I put a light test on the control box it lights up is that normal... Thank you

it is inside the 704 with the browns going to it. they sometimes come loose and will not work properly.

Comment

Thank you, but I guess you misunderstood my question I am looking to purchase a new neutral safety switch because I think the one I have is no good. I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the neutral safety switch to start the engine to see if that is the problem I have been on the Internet and I cannot find a web site where I can purchase a new neutral safety switch also my alarm buzzer as rotted out and does not work so I need to purchase a new alarm buzzer. But I think I have another problem when I put a light test to the 704 dual con*****er it lights up that means that there's current going through the hole box is that normal? Or is there a problem. I wound really appreciate some help on this issue can anyone help....
      Thank you..Frank

Comment

You didn't say what year motors you have, here is the parts listing for newer model control box. Number 10 in this diagram is neutral saftey switch Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL BINNACLE PREMIUM DUAL Diagram

Number 13 is the warning buzzer Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE ELECTRICAL SWITCH PANEL SINGLE Diagram
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much about information is going to be very helpful knowing where to get the parts I need I have 1 more question for you, is there any way I can bypass the neutral safety switch to see if it's bad also is it normal to have a whole entire dual 704 box with current running through it.. Where I actually mean is when I when a light test on it it lights up.......... Thank you very much for your help and your knowledge icu and certain lot of questions for a lot of people that need help once again thank you very much for your help PS the year on the engines are 1998 with 700 hours on each engine.............Frank

Comment

i had to cut the 2 browns outside box and twist to make circuit once in bahamas to bpass it. if you pull the brown connector apart under 704 just jump out the 2 that go to that side.
            Last edited by jb123; 08-10-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for you help

Comment

Originally posted by Mako253 View Post
                Thanks for you help
                Just strip a small piece of each of the two wires and jumper it together, or jumper the wires where they terminate to. Tape the wires afterwards. If it is the switch it will start as soon as you bump it. I did this on my 10hp four stroke and it started immediatley without water going to the engine. Scared the heck out of me. And yes it was my switch as well. On my engine it was at the bottom of the shifting linkage in the engine. You can purchse it for about $30.

Comment

Originally posted by wildturkey View Post
                  Just strip a small piece of each of the two wires and jumper it together, or jumper the wires where they terminate to. Tape the wires afterwards. If it is the switch it will start as soon as you bump it. I did this on my 10hp four stroke and it started immediatley without water going to the engine. Scared the heck out of me. And yes it was my switch as well. On my engine it was at the bottom of the shifting linkage in the engine. You can purchse it for about $30.
                  Thanks for the info Wildturkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mako253 View Post
                    Thank you, but I guess you misunderstood my question I am looking to purchase a new neutral safety switch because I think the one I have is no good. I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the neutral safety switch to start the engine to see if that is the problem I have been on the Internet and I cannot find a web site where I can purchase a new neutral safety switch also my alarm buzzer as rotted out and does not work so I need to purchase a new alarm buzzer. But I think I have another problem when I put a light test to the 704 dual con*****er it lights up that means that there's current going through the hole box is that normal? Or is there a problem. I wound really appreciate some help on this issue can anyone help....
                    Thank you..Frank
                    How did you test the power going to the control box? Where did you place the probes? From the negative of the battery to the cover of the control box? If you did it that way you would be looking at volts not amps or current.
                    If there is that much corrosion inside the box, the positive could be making connection through the corrosion itself, if not you need to find a pinched wire or some connector touching the control box. A meter is a better troubleshooting device

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      How did you test the power going to the control box? Where did you place the probes? From the negative of the battery to the cover of the control box? If you did it that way you would be looking at volts not amps or current.
                      If there is that much corrosion inside the box, the positive could be making connection through the corrosion itself, if not you need to find a pinched wire or some connector touching the control box. A meter is a better troubleshooting device
                      Thanks for that great info 99yam40...Great guys on this site I hope i can help someone one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X