prime start 225 1990 etxd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prime start 225 1990 etxd

where does the spring and cup go on this fuel pump? I ca not find a diagram showing the spring and cup ,my manual does not go into detail about prime start,or this pump.I have looked on this site and still nothing.This motor is hard to start when its cold,cool of the morning.Checked and cleaned connections and cleaned pockets for the thermo sensors.A Little incite into this prime start system would be appreciated.Thanks .

Spring goes into pump body and cup goes on end of spring against diaphram.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

See if this helps you understand the prime start system

Originally Posted by rodbolt on iboats Boating Forums

look very carfully behind the oil tank at the 6mm gray hose from the crankcase to the middle carb.
      this is the enrichment pump fuel pump pulse line.
      behind that cover that the red plastic manual overide is a small pulse type diaphram pump.
      when cold starting this pump supplies fuel from the bowl,through the thermal valves open needle and, via the small gray tube from the middle carb to the upper stbd side of the intake, to the passages in the intake manifold for all 3 cylinders.
      as the engine runs voltage is supplied via either 12V or the lighting coil, depending on model, to expand the wax pellet in the thermal valve. as the pellet expands the needle extends closing off the enrichment passage.
      mostly if properly maintained and setup it works very very well.

Comment

Working...
      X