F150 wont tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 wont tilt

My 06 150 4 stroke is stuck in the up position. My batteries died so I replaced them. There was a inline fuse on the positive side of the switch that also needed replacing. When I press the buttons up or down from the motor itself or the console I get a click and no movement. I checked the fuse box on the motor and those fuses are fine. I manually lowered the motor and tried from there and same thing. Any Ideas ? I am about a month out of the 3 yr warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you sure the battery is good? Check battery cables are clean and tight, it should have hex nuts on battery post not wingnuts.
    Last edited by boats.net; 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have two brand new Optima Batteries with 800 CCA and I even put them on a guest charger and it went straight to float. The boat started like this so I think the the connection is good. The batteries came with wingnuts so that is what I am using. I tightened them up real tight.

Comment

If battery and connections are good then remove trim motor wires(green and blue) from relay and connect to a 12 volt battery, trim motor should run. If trim motor runs then trim relay needs to be replaced.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X