Safe Mode!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe Mode!?!

1992 Yamahja 200TLRQ on 1991 skeeter SX200. I tried to go boating last weekend and boat started right up, (little smoke) but idle was good, pee hole shooting water (as good as I remeber from past. But when put foot on pedal, rpm's got to around 2000, tilt started going down (on it's own) and stablized. Engine does not feel as bogging down, just like a govener on. Will try cleaning carbs and running addative, but not sure about the tilt/trim thing. Seems to operate fine when below 2000 rpm. Have no active alarms, (Alarm does work) and oil level looks good in bothe engine and remote oil tanks.
    Last edited by rledward; 07-09-2009, 07:56 AM.

Not sure what the rpm's would have to do with power trim unless maybe throttle cable or linkage is shorting out the trim wires, check wiring going to trim switch for shorts.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

RE: Safe Mode

Just a follow-up.
      This forum is AWESOME!
      Found a lot of good information concerning my issues.
      Replaced T-stats and PCV.
      Shock treated enging, cleaned carbs, installed fuel water seperator.
      Rebuilt water pump. ( Parts list for rebuild kit is incorrect for my motor however, even on yamaha site.)
      Took to lake Saturday and ran like raped ape.
      I will be doing most if not all my maintenance now with the support of this forum and BOATS.NET !

Thanks again.

ps: still not sure of tilt issue during safe mode, may have just been a coincendance. Never did anything with tilt/trim and no issues while running Saturday.

Comment

Working...
      X