Fuel Problems 1992 VX76 L250TXRQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Problems 1992 VX76 L250TXRQ

I have a 1992 L250TXRQ that is giving me issues. Starts right up, idle's fine. When the throttle is hammered to wide open the engine climbes RPM"S and the boat startes to get on plane but then the motor dies as it is starving for fuel.

Pumping the primer bulb seems to help get the engine the fuel that it is asking for and it will climb RPM's again.

I am thinking a fuel pump issue. If this is what you might be thinking also, would it be better to rebuild or replace the fuel pumps? Also, do you have any part numbers or a diagram that you can shoot my way?

Thanks for your assistance!

Stephen

Could be a restriction in fuel lines or a bad fuel pump. Here is parts list
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 1992 L250TXRQ FUEL SYSTEM 1 Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

RE

How do I know what fuel pump though? Since they are so inexpensive, would it just be better to replace all 3?

Would pumping the bulbs "force" the fuel through these pumps?

thanks for the assistance!

Comment

another question while I am trying to find these answers........

Does this engine, Vx76 250 1992 model have an Oxygen sensor that maybe I need to replace?

Thanks!

Comment

No. Replace all three LP pumps along with the filters for starters. Cover the basic maintenance first.

Comment

"Replace all three LP pumps along with the filters for starters."

What filters are you referring to? I have all new filters already (water/fuel seperator and the filter that is in the clear bowl on the same side as the oil tank. Are there other filters I am not aware of?

Comment

Working...
            X