Replaced L/U now it wont shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced L/U now it wont shift

I hit a rock last year and destroyed the L/U on my 99 vmax 150. I sent it to local guy to get replaced and he couldn't get it to shift after retuning the L/U 3 times. I assumed he didn't know what he was doing so I tried myself. The upper shift linkage works fine withl/u off (you can see the female end move). When I put pliers on the spine and try shifting it moves verry litttle and can hardly get it to go nuetral and no reverse. I feeel bad to keep sending it back but seems like it has to be in the l/u ..right? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jchrysler1; 06-19-2009, 09:10 PM.

with the unit down, try all 3 positions, at each spin prop/shaft to see if it is changing gears.

Comment

Thats the problem the linkage will not move. It is stuck in drive and prop wont turn.

Comment

take it back its his problem not yours he fixed it remember

Comment

I agree bigfish i guess thats what i have to do but this has already been a two month process and the fish are a biting.

Comment

dont matter if moby **** is bitting if you cant get to him. in my opinion it should have been done right the first time. i knoe that once i finish putting a gearcase together i damn sure see if it shifts before returning it to a customer

Comment

I am having a similar probel with my 200 let me know how you make out

Comment

Working...
              X