High Pressure Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pressure Fuel Pump

Anyone have luck overhauling (or at least disassembling and cleaning) an HPDI high pressure pump? Price of parts is a killer. Is there an overhaul kit? I bought a 2001 z150 that has not run in 3 years. The fuel lines to the fuel rails were disconnected. I am slowly putting it back together as economically as I can. I believe that I now have clean fuel up to the high pressure pump. I sent out the injectors for cleaning, 2 were bad and are being replaced. Just spinning the motor over without spark plugs or fuel injectors(or injector driver for that matter) installed yields a dribblel of fuel out of the high pressure pump. I'm not sure how to tell if the high pressure pump is craped out.

Thinking of it sitting around with the crappy fuel that is the norm nowadays for 3 years makes me want to take it apart before I proceed to install the newly cleaned and functioning injectors. I know this is a tough project, I am taking it slow and keeping my costs down when possible. More of a hobby than a prospect of summer boating at this point!

Spoke with Yamaha customer service this week and they told me that they have contracted with Flagship, an outfit in FL to service HPDI HP pumps. Might want to call Yamaha customer service 1st

Comment

Better off sending it to Flagship, they can rebuild it and injectors.

Flagship Marine Engines Co., Inc.
      200 E. Ann St.
      Punta Gorda, FL 33950-6006
      Ph: 1-888-282-2840
      www.flagshipengine.com
      E-mail: info@flagshipengine.com
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

flagship is one great co they are about 3 miles from my home and they are some of the nicest people you will ever run into in the marine buss, any time I have a problem they are the first people I talk to if I cant fig it out myself, also they have some of the newest eqp for doing this kind of work

Comment

flagship marine engines

I requested a quote for rebuilding the pump on their website and got no reply. Probably have to give them a call.

Comment

did you fill the vst before cranking over ??

Comment

It runs about 600-700 dollars for dual pump, not sure for single pump like yours.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X