repower new F150 pair need Guage kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repower new F150 pair need Guage kit help

I have recently perchased a pair of F150 TXR 4 strokes ( serial 63PX1057922 and 64PX1008474). The Yamaha mechanic told me that my existing gauges would work fine and now that the engines are installed they do not. I have 4 gauges (speed, 2 x tach, and Fuel management). He tells me that usually they will have dip switches on the back side to change from the old motors (1996 SWSII 200 2 strokes) to the new 4 strokes. When he removed the gauges to change the switches he found that they have a yellow dial that has adjustments for 4,6,8 and 12. He tells me that these will not work.

What gauges will work with these engines? Can I re-use all of the existing harness and wiring. Have dual 704 binnacle. I talked with the dealer that I purchased the engines from and he recommended 2 x tach and a combo speed/Fuel management and to put a blank over the 4th hole. What is the correct model number to order.

You can use two Multifunction tach kits, part number 6YR-W0035-E2-00. The speedo and fuel management gauges will work with the new F150's and work with the new tach.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thats the best news I have heard this week. Will the gauges come with wiring diagrams so the tech can easily do the install. Do the tachs communicate at all with the existing speed or fuel management or are they standalone. Thanks for the help.

Comment

The tach kits do come with wiring harness but no instructions, I can email them to you(I would need your email address) if you need them but it's easy, plug yellow to yellow, black to black etc..
        Yes they will connect and work with other gauges, The old speedometer had the temp warning light in it and wont be needed with new tach's(tach has temp and oil warning lights). If it does have a gray wire on speedo then leave it disconnected.
        Last edited by boats.net; 05-25-2009, 09:34 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm having Fuel Management issues also. I just repowered from a 200txrs to a f225. If you could also send the switch positions and wiring instructions to me. Thanx in advance.

Comment

Fuel Management settings.
            FM SwitchSettings.JPG
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I replaced a 2002 150 vmax 2- stroke with a 2005 F150 4 stroke. Will my existing yamaha digital tach work with the 4 stroke?

Comment

If it's a 2002 gauge then yes it will work but will have to change dip switch setting to 4 stroke engine, set third switch to up position.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the response. However I have another question. For the F150 4 stroke. Which position should the tach be set to for the 2005 F150 4 stroke?

Comment

Having issues with alarms

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                    The tach kits do come with wiring harness but no instructions, I can email them to you(I would need your email address) if you need them but it's easy, plug yellow to yellow, black to black etc..
                    Yes they will connect and work with other gauges, The old speedometer had the temp warning light in it and wont be needed with new tach's(tach has temp and oil warning lights). If it does have a gray wire on speedo then leave it disconnected.
                    I have a 96 Yamaha 115hp and multi guage. The little green circle indicator light keeps going off.I bought the boat used, and it was all working till this year.

Any idea? I dont have the manuals? If you could foward them to me that would be great!!! HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X