F-150 power loss when using tilt/trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-150 power loss when using tilt/trim

I was out today running my 2004 yamaha f-150 I hit the trim switch while running and the motor lost power. It did not stall just cut rpms it happen whenever I'm running not at idle.

Check battery cables connection are clean and tight at engine and battery, have battery tested. Check all ground wire connections on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Lost power on F150

I have a 2006 F150 with 147 hours. Twice in the last two weeks it has failed to run up to full power. It won't fully accelerate and then the RPM's fall off. I took it in to the Yamaha dealer and $800 later, he declared it fixed. He changed out every filter on it and said it was the evil demon "Ethanol". Took her back out and she ran fine for 9 hours - then the same thing again. I had filled the tank with non-ethanol gas after the first repair, so I know the gas was fine. I'm running a 10 micron water seperator inline. Anyone have any thoughts? BTW, I asked the shop about the fire on the coils and they said it was fine.

Comment

It could be fuel problems again, mixing non-ethanol gas and ethanol gas can cause problems as well, when switching fuels need to run tank as low as possible before refueling. Check the gas in fuel filters to see if water or trash in them.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X