Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999,fuel injected saltwater 150 - cutting out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999,fuel injected saltwater 150 - cutting out?

I have a fuel injected 1999, saltwater-150. The motor while running at a normal speed, will cut out to almost an idle, then go back to normal speed. It will do this over and over. Feels almost as though it is cutting out due to water in the fuel, but that is not the case. I have heard the 99's were having problems with the O2 sensor going bad causing this to happen. I took the motor in and they could not find any problems, cleaned the O2 sensor and gave me the boat back. It made on trip of about 15 miles befor it started messing up again. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Take it back to them and get them to recheck O2 Sensor, if it ran better after cleaning but failed after 15 miles it may need to be replaced.
    You mentioned water in fuel, if you have ever had a water problem tell them about it. Water in EFI engine can cause problems over time Fuel Pump's can actually rust and the rust will plug up filter. The only way to check it is with fuel pressure gauge while engine is cutting out, or to take Vapor seperator tank apart and check fuel pump and filter

Comment

Working...
    X