model year/compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model year/compression

confused:Hello, I have a VX 76 225TXRS ser# 62J UL 700396, I bought the boat three years ago and was told it was a 1996 model year ( the boat is) but from what i have looked up it appears to be a 1994. Its not that big of a deal but i dont want to order the wrong parts, if anyone knows how to find it with these numbers or whatever i'd appreciate it I've been having the same problems as alot of you, with fuel phase seperation causing my carbs to become all fouled. I took them apart (they were loaded with gel ect.) put them back on started and seemed to run ok. I need a water pump and changeing head gaskets.covers fuel strainer ect., i want to get the right ones. Also i got 110 lbs. all around on Comp, i know thats ok but does any one know what factory compression is. this is my first outboard, i've always had inboards and I/o's. We don't tend to have as many outboards up here in chicago. Thanks for the help. I've got Salmon to hunt.

That model and serial is a 1994 model year. Compression should be no more than 10% difference between cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the answer, on the compression I was looking for what is a good psi and where is the low end cut-off. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X