50 hp Yami wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hp Yami wiring help

i got a hold of a used C50TLRX (Serial 6H5L 901318) i think its a 99. i installed it on my boat. i plugged in all the harnesses and hooked the battery to it. the engine started right up, but it will not shut off. coming from the ignition switch harness there are four wires that arent hooked to anything. red,black,yellow, green. it looks like the ends were cut off them. will any of those wires cause the engine not to turn off? thanks in advance

No, those are to connect gauges. Probably a bad keyswitch or main harness, broken white wire inside harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

ok i will try putting my meter on both ends of the harness to check for continuity. also just for the heck of it i put my meter on those gauge wires. the red one had 12v, and the yellow one had zero volts in the off position and real low voltage(jumping around anywhere from .5v to 3v) in the on position. from the research i did, i think i should have 12v on the yellow wire with the switch on, correct? so between the fact the engine wont shut off, and the low voltage on the yellow, thats prolly pointing more at the keyswitch as being the culprit? thanks again!!
      Last edited by chuddybuckrivet; 03-23-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X