1997 70hp yamaha trim and tilt guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 70hp yamaha trim and tilt guage

Just noticed analogue gauge not working although trim and tilt is still functioning perfectly.Obviously electrical but any ideas where to start before getting technical ( for me! ) in the testing area?
    thanks, darsee in Perth West Australia

Check all elect connections, check to see if threr is 12 volts at yellow wire at gauge(with key on) and ground at black wire. check the trim sender on engine and make sure it is not stuck, should move up and down, with a ohm meter measure the resistance between Pink and Black at trim sender it should be 360-540 ohm's and gradually change as you move sender up and down and 800-1200 ohm's and gradually change as you move sender up and down. If not in specs replace sender

Comment

Obviously, problem was NOT electrical but something simpler. Yes, I lifted engine cover but all that wiring scares me so not seeing anything loose or disconnected I looked under motor with motor tilted and located plastic spring-loaded lever with wires going to it. She was seized so got to work with Innox spray and slowly wriggled it back to full spring operation. Checked gauge and all is well. Like our great Aussie mate Steve Irwin would say; " crikey Bob, maybe we should look for the simple things first!"
      Cheers Darsee.

Comment

Working...
      X