Desperately seeking 84-91 115/130 Lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately seeking 84-91 115/130 Lower unit

Hi, well the "temporary" weld fix on my lower unit lasted almost 2 years(150hrs?)...but alas it's cracked again. I've got a 91 130 TLRP 2 stroke,20",standard rotation, and believe many from 84-91 should fit. Just checking if anyone's got a used one/know's of a used one/ could buy whole dead outboard if necessary. Also if anyone know's if my years are wrong, please enlighten me. I'm in Bellingham Washington.....Sincerely, Tom

Originally posted by blackmouth View Post
    Hi, well the "temporary" weld fix on my lower unit lasted almost 2 years(150hrs?)...but alas it's cracked again. I've got a 91 130 TLRP 2 stroke,20",standard rotation, and believe many from 84-91 should fit. Just checking if anyone's got a used one/know's of a used one/ could buy whole dead outboard if necessary. Also if anyone know's if my years are wrong, please enlighten me. I'm in Bellingham Washington.....Sincerely, Tom
    I asked the same sort of question and cracking is a common fault its salt build up between the castings . The one i have has been welded twice and due for another weld come winter . Insufficent flushing and getting rid of the salt on the bottom area ! I bought a second hand motor and was quite worried about it untill i looked round and asked a ton of questions !
    Needs taking apart welding and a generous coating of grease on the parts when it is reassembeled , its a once a year routine . You are not alone ! it happens with all the other makes of outboards as well just need to take the time to flush and flush again on a regular basis !

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was also told about the salt thing, and I'm religious about flushing the motor every time for about 15 min w/salt away,spray the area around the prop etc...was even wondering if that's what that little hole in the casting was for....when we welded it last time, we didn't try and remove the holder, as I figured I'd strip the fine threads on it. So you were able to remove the carrier?...well maybe I'll give it another shot. Did you weld both sides, then rethread? My crack was about 2" long (inline with prop shaft), and now it's starting to go vertically from the inside end(1/8" or so). Hadn't even considered rewelding it. Hopefully mine's not welded to the carrier..;-)...Sincerely Tom

Comment

Working...
      X