Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 25 hp 2 stroke won't start--help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 25 hp 2 stroke won't start--help please!

My new 25 has run perfectly for the 3 months I've owned it. Used it about 30 times deer hunting. Last week shortly after starting it up, it shut off like it was starved for gas. I restarted and it did the same thing. Restarted it again and it ran perfectly for the 50 minute ride home. Next trip out it ran perfectly again for the 50 minute trip. When we left to come back it killed again shortly after take off. I restarted it and throttled up to full power. It ran about a minute then shut down and would not restart. We never could get it started and had to be towed home. Took the gas tank apart and it appeared that the intake tube had come disconnected and since the tank was several years old, I bought another yesterday. Went out today and tried it at the boat landing fully expecting it to start right away. no such luck. It would not start. The hose came with the motor and the bulb is very firm and appears to be working fine. I emptied the reservoir fuel filter when it stopped the first day. Please help me out guys, I am in the middle of deer season and need to get this thing going---quickly. I bought the motor out of town and it will take me a while to get it back to them to check it out. If you know of something I could check ou, please let me know asap. Thanks!

have spark ?

fuel in bowls ?

Comment

Tell me what and where to check. I am an avid hunter with little mechanical knowledge, but I have buddies who could help me if I tell them where to check.

Comment

It was water in the gas. I removed the filter, dumped the water. Used fresh gas and it started right up. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X