1998 s250 ox66 engine rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 s250 ox66 engine rebuild?

I have been having problems with the engine loosing power, it will run up to 5400 rpm then drop right down to around 4800, it will do this consistanly every time, I replaced all fuel pumps and cleaned the vst tank, I ran it with a fuel presure gauge hooked up and it maintained 38lbs while the engine looses power, I took it in to a local shop and he tells me that the engine needs rebuilt? it has 105 to 110 pounds of compression in each cylinder, but there is a bit of slop in the piston to cylinder? do these engines run real high clearences, I would guess mine aprox 20 thousandths, I pulled the heads, the bores look clean, you can still see the cross hatch, but you can wiggle the piston side to side and bounce it off the side walls? any knoledge would be helpful, Thank you, also the shop wants 2500 to rebuild my engine, is this a fair price?

the compression says the block is fine, check/test/clean o2 sensor.

Comment

Do you have any way to have a code reader put on it. I had a 225 that did the same thing and the high speed part of the stator went out.

Comment

I thought the compression should tell the story also, the shop that I took it too, has also varified 105 to 110 on the compression, but says I still need it rebuilt or I will be a piston break soon, also he thinks it has clogged injecters and that is where my power loss is coming from, does anyone know of any good yamaha shops in the daytona beach area?

Comment

so disconnect each injector at a time and ensure a powerloss or rpm change.

a clogged or bad 02 WILL cause hi end power fluctuations.

Comment

Working...
          X