Switch Panel and Wiring Harness Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Panel and Wiring Harness Questions

Does anyone have the part number for the older style single engine switch panel, where the choke is operated from a separate switch (and not integrated with the ignition switch)? I've attached a picture of the 8-pin connector from my current panel.

As best I have been able to figure out, the newer style panel with the push-to-choke switch is part # 704-82570-08-00 ... and requires the newer harness (part # 688-8258A-50-00) with a 10-pin connector at the switch end.

I believe that the part # for the harness in my boat is 6X3-8258A-00-00, which has a 8-pin connector at the switch end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

The older one with choke switch is not available anymore but the new switch panel will work with your main harness. The harness has never changed just the part number.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If the older style panel is no longer available from Yamaha, what's the possibility that a dealer might have still one in stock? Or have they been unavailable for so long that my chances of finding one are pretty slim?

Since the newer panel is quite a bit shorter than the older one, I'd have to patch the fiberglass to cover the old hole ... or swap the switches from a new panel, and install them in the old panel (leaving the old choke switch unconnected to anything to plug the third hole).

Comment

Chances of finding the older panel is probably slim. You can still get the replacement switch for your panel but it may be cheaper to buy the newer swotch panel assy. Look at number 9 at http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...RTS/parts.html
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

By chance, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the older style panel ... and/or the newer one?

Comment

Working...
          X