LH lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH lower unit

Hi. I have an old Yamaha V4. The gear housing is broken so I bought another lower unit at eBay. I sent the money to the seller and received the unit. It took me quite a long time to start the fixing of the motor so the auction info is not any longer on the internet and I have deleted all the emails. Too bad because I just found out that the unit is counter rotating. They never said it.

Questions: would the old RH gears and shafts fit into this left hand housing? If the LH housing is off a 4-stroke motor will it fit a 2-stroke motor? Have to ask this - I do not have a buyer for this counter rotating unit.

Thanks

115 Lower units

I think that the gear ratios are 13:26 vs 13:28. But how about the aluminum casings, are they interchangeable (1990 2-stroke/2000 4-stroke counter rotating casings) Thanks.

Comment

The two housing are different part numbers, don't know if will interchange.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

LH vs. RH lower units

Hi. Just in case someone finds this info usefull... We put V4 RH gears, bearings and shafts into the 4-stroke casing and all seems to be fine. Shimming is ok and everything works.

If someone wants to buy the LH parts I will sell them for a low price, I will not need them. They look ok. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X