200 Vmax HPDI flush adapter running question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 Vmax HPDI flush adapter running question

I'm new to the motor and trying to figure this out. I have the yellow flush adapter for the lower unit. When I run the motor with this attached it takes a long time for water to come out the pee hole and it is very hot. I feel if I let it run long enough to get a good flush the motor will overheat. When the adapter is attached most of the water seems to come out from around the adapter and not up in the motor. I'm I doing something wrong or is this a common problem?

Thanks

If it's a VZ200 then it should have the fresh water flush on bottom of cowling so that you can flush without running engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It does. However I was under the impression it is better to flush the motor running. This way the T stats get water on both sides. What if it wasn't flushing and it had to run for maintenance what do you think would be the best way. Right now I'm thinking two hoses one to hose adapter on the cowling and the other to the lower unit adapter.

Comment

The thermostats do have a small hole in them so even if they are closed water will pass through them. We have low water pressure here at shop and run all V6 engines on 2 water hoses.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

how does the lower unit flush bacbards when the motor runs?

Comment

Working...
          X