Yamaha 50TLR wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 50TLR wiring

I am in the process of putting a Yamaha 50TLR on my boat. The gauges I am installing are all Farias. I have the wiring harness #6x3-8258a-00-00. It plugs in at the motor with no problem, but what do I need to do at the gauges. Do I cut the plugs off and use a wiring diagram to connect the wires to the appropriate terminals on the gauges, and if so where can I find a wiring diagram? Does Yamaha or Faria make some type of adapter plug? I am putting this on a Carolina Skiff boat that I am also installing a center console in. I have zero experience with this, so any pointers or advice that will make this project easier will be appreciated.

Cut the connector off the 6X3 harnees and connect the pink wire to trim gauge, tape rest of wires(not used for Faria gauges) so they dont make contact with any wires.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What about sending wires for the tach and water temp gauge? I was kind of figuring they were in that harness.

Comment

The Faria watyer temp gauge would need a Faria water temp sender, the tach gets tach signal from green wire at key switch.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X