Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Yamaha 2 stroke 150 lost spark at one cylinder, coil pack is good..Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha 2 stroke 150 lost spark at one cylinder, coil pack is good..Please Help!

As stated in the title, I have a 2000 2 stroke 150 HP (150TXRY) outboard that has given me quite a headache lately. It started with going into reduction mode when either hitting a large wave or even sometimes when I am running in the 4000-4500 range. It has been serviced and there is no overheat problem and the oil delivery is working properly as well. I have been pouring over literature lately to learn all I can and as far as I read these are the only two items to force it into reduction mode. I just had the carbs (3) rebuilt and took it out today to head offshore and it would never get up past 2700. I shut it down, turned off the batteries (this seems to reset the problem), I reapplied power and then it acted like it lost a plug or pack. I took it home and changed the #2 power pack and plug, still no spark on #2. I forgot to mention that I also about a month ago changed out the flywheel position sensor. I have thrown part after part at this thing and now I suspect it may be the CDI as the other cylinders are getting a spark. I would appreciate any advise from some professionals as the CDI is a BIG chunk of gas money.

DVA and manual

I have a SELOC manual and today I performed all OHMs tests on the pulser and charge coils, stator, and the rectifier. I found that the high speed coil was only registering about 25 OHMs. The book specs about 55-83 I believe. I also Checked the spark with an old school checker and it has an orange spark, not a blue one. I now believe it may be the Stator, but again, it's just hit and h=miss at this point. I plan to run the engine and check the outputs from the harnesses. I read in the manual about a test harness but I have not had any luck in locating one. I JUST paid the dealer $853 to rebuild the carbs and I really hate the idea of explaining another grand to my wife! Is there any pointers you may be willing to share with me in the tasks ahead? Any little tricks you might have would be a Blessing at this point. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X