Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My motor quit on me

I have an '06 F60TLR.

Last couple trips this year, my motor starts out running fine to the bait hole, maybe half a mile, 2000-3000rpm to warm the motor up. I set my net, which requires some forward and reverse, then I anchor up and wait. When I restart, it's then that my motor will usually run really rough, visibly shaking, vibrating very bad, and I can feel it in the steering wheel.

I usually just throttle through it and go fishing, and never encounter the problem the rest of the day.

However, the last time I went out, I experienced the same problem, but this time, no matter how much throttle I applied, the result was not more forward speed, only more vibration. Finally the engine would quit. It would restart fine, then quit again in 2-3 seconds. Had to get towed in.

My fuel cup float had not risen, and my fuel/water separator only had about 10 hours of run time on it, so I don't think it's water in the fuel. It was the first time the boat had run in 3 months, and had 2/3 tank with 3 month old gas, and 1/3 fresh gas. But, the problem has been occuring all year, even with all fresh gas, just never finally quit on me like it did. Any ideas?

Check it for water even though float doesn't show it, try a new set of plugs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X