Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130hp Heads and Water Covers

1994 Yamaha 130hp

I have had some bolts stripped on my thermostat covers (bolt into head) and now have a slow weep of water on one of them. It is not enough to stop using for the season but I am looking at repairs down the road.

I am wondering if I replace the heads and water jacket covers is that a big job? All of these parts seem to have been removed once (used motor) and it looks like the engine was running hot for a bit (peeled paint). I am looking into this investment because the motor is still strong otherwise. I only hope no Head Bolts strip if I break it all down!

Part number for heads on 1994 txrs?
    Part # for water covers?

Anyone done this before and have an Epinoins?

Thanks

quite an easy job, just loosen all by hand. you MIGHT be able to tap them out to the next larger size....or find a helicoil to fix.

if you look up top of this page you will see the parts link, put in your motor info and get the numbers and the best prices.

Comment

New Heads...

Hey, I broke the same thermostat bolt off on each head....and after a day or two of trying to get them out(without enlarging/taping), I looked up how much the heads were via this site.....(about $60)....All the headbolts came right out and it was a piece of cake(and got to see what the innards looked like)....Tom

Comment

Working...
      X