Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 Octane E10 or 93 Octane non E10 for my 130 2 stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 Octane E10 or 93 Octane non E10 for my 130 2 stroke?

Which one would be better for my motor?

Those are my only 2 choices as i cannot get non E10 87 octane anywhere. My marinas only carry non E10 93 octane gas.

So which is the lesser of 2 evils?

Thanks.

That engine does better on the 87 octane, just install a 10 micron fuel/water separator filter.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i had to get gas at a marina the other day so i have a pretty full tank of 93 octane...is it ok to run through it all and then put the 87 E10 in or should i mix in the 87 E10 a little at a time?

Comment

No it's fine it runs ok on it and wont hurt anything, I bet that wrecked your weekend buying 93 at a marina that had to hurt.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yeah, i pretty much felt like I had been violated....but had heard horror stories about the E10. You almost have to be a physicist, chemist, or factory trained service tech to own an outboard these days.

Comment

Additive for E10

StaBil has a new product for use in E10 fuel called "StaBil Marine", which, according to them is better than using an enzym to counter the E10. I have been using StarTron enzym by StarBrite in my E10 gas for two years now, in addition to Ring Free and standard Stabil and I have had no problems. My boat has sat for three months with the tank full for two winters now. I have now switched to StaBil Marine after reading their on line report.

Comment

Working...
            X