s200txrx installation w/new tach and speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s200txrx installation w/new tach and speedometer

I am installing digital tach and speedo and having trouble with wiring. It seems my engine has a female trim sender plug and the gauge wire harness has a female plug. Do they make an adapter? There is also a two wire plug on engine with green/red and green/black. Where do they go? On wiring diagram with gauges it shows blue and yellow in middle of harness going to either a switch or gauge? One last question, my oil tank came with an extra hose with bulb. Is this a fuel line hose or does bulb get hooked in between tank and engine? Thanks.

There is a wire harness that goes between engine and gauge (68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness), this harness also plugs into the other connector with green wires that operate oil lights in tach.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, boat.net.
      I just ordered one, does it replace the harness 6y5-83653-30 that came with the 2 gauge kit? Do I have to hook up both the yellow and blue wires to get the light on guage or can I just hook up the blue to my light switch?

Comment

I didn't realize you the gauge kit. If you have the 6YR-W0035-F2-00 kit then all you need is 6Y5-85335-10-00 adapter harness that goes between engine connectors and wire harness you got in kit. Yes plug the yellow wire to the blue and backlight will come on when you turn ignition key on.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Help

I had already ordered the first adapter when I got your second post. I just got it in and tried to connect it up in place of the harness that came with kit. everything hooks up at engine, but now I don't have anywhere to connect the Male plug at the gauge in that has orange-gray-pink-black. I tried it connected as is but have no tilt/trim at the control. Can I splice something together without having to buy another adapter? This one hurt at 180.00. Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Comment

Working...
          X