What control box???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What control box???

I have a 1986 Mariner 40HP made by Yamaha. I need a control box with elec. start and tilt. What model should I look at buying and is it Push to Open or Pull to Open? I was told this motor is identical to Yamaha models 40FM/40FE/40FEML (depending on options) 1981 - 1983.

Thanks much,
    Tony
    Last edited by Trucki15; 07-24-2008, 11:35 AM.

For a side mount control box you would need 703-48207-17-10 control box with key switch and harness and 703-48261-11-00 throttle arm, disassemble control box and change push to open throttle arm to 703-48261-11-00 pull to open throttle arm.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have access to a 703 Pull to Open control box from a friend. However it is only a 7 pin connector. Will this still work? Here is a picture of the harness plug:

Or is it this harness plug:
      Last edited by Trucki15; 07-24-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Not if your motor has ten pin harness, the other three pins are for tilt and trim models. A 7 pin control will not have trim switch.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I actually am going to have to hardwire the control box to my wire harness. The previous owner had cut the harness when he took it off his boat. Does anyone have a diagram of what wires do what for both the control box harness and my motor harness? Thanks!

Comment

The service manual has the wiring diagrams but should be able to match colors.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X