Getting very close!!! THanks for all you guys help!! One more question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting very close!!! THanks for all you guys help!! One more question

Guys!! Thanks for all your help so far in getting my engine back in good running order!!!! I could not have done it without your help!! I have a couple more questions if someone can help I would appreciate it Greatly.. I have a spec on what the float level is suppose to be on my 99 Yamaha V-Max 175 carbs. With the carb turned up side down it is suppose to be .820 plus or minus .020 measuring from the top of the float to the carb without a gasget... Mine was WAY out!!! Helped a BUNCH!!! to get it back in tollerance.. My question is how much travel should my float have when going up. I am afraid that it is going to far open.... You adjust it by bending the other tab I just do not know how much it should move.. I am afraid it has too much travel and has the possibiulity of sticking or pulling the needle valve to far out... can someone please help with this spec?? Also... What is the correct position for the trim tab... I understand it is suppose to reduce torque on the engine and I know it is not suppose to be straight but on an angle... How far and what direction??? thanks again for all your help...

Just measure the depth of bowl and subtract about 1/8 inch.
    The trim tab should be straight unless the steering is pulling to right or left when running on plain to reduce steering torque.
    Last edited by boats.net; 07-24-2008, 09:33 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X