Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha VMAX 150 Cutting out Issues Plz Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha VMAX 150 Cutting out Issues Plz Help!!

Hello All,
    I have a Yamaha VMAX 150 from late 1999 in very good shape. Maybe 100 hours. The model # is VX150TLRY. It's a 2 Stroke..I have had it since new and have been having an issue with it the last two or three years. On glass water this thing runs great but if you hit a wake or a set of wakes the motor will just stumble and then it will just take back off. It doesnt shut off it just drops off of plane. It only happens when I hit a wake and the hull is jarred. I have spent thousands of dollars with folks just throwing parts at this thing, with no resolution. I have had several folks check all of the connections from the front to the back of the boat...Every one i have spoke with things its electrical, as do I. Any help would be much appreciated...if you can't help try to head me in the best direction...please...Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post....

SK

have you drained VST and cleaned/replaced filter ?

Comment

I am unsure of what the VST is? And yes the main fuel filter has been replaced. I also drained the entire fuel tank to rule bad fuel out. This is super weird..Thank you for responding..

Scott....

Comment

He is talking about the vapor separator tank(alum tank on side of motor), part of the fuel injection system. Could have water or trash in it shutting off fuel going to injectors.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X