02' F60 ticking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02' F60 ticking noise

Noticed slight ticking sound couple trips ago after running hard all day. Rev-ed the motor a little and it disappeared and ran fine. Came home and noticed oil was a little low so I added more. Took it out again this weekend (first trip since adding oil) and heard it again when started and when idling. Rev-ed motor a little and it went away and didn't hear it the rest of the day. The motor runs fine. The sound is consistent with rpms but is not very loud. What do you guys think?
    Thanks

Fuel pumps will sometimes make a ticking noise until they are primed with fuel but if keeps making noise then it needs to be checked out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Its funny you mentioned fuel pumps because the first time it made the noise I also lost fuel prime at the same time and had to pump the ball all the way back to the ramp. I then changed the separator and fuel pump diaphragm after finding no problem with the fuel lines, tank, vent, etc...

Comment

Check to see if noise is coming from fuel pump, may still have a fuel delivery or fuel pump problem.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X