Fried something on 91 130tlrp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried something on 91 130tlrp

Hey, well both batteries on the boat were from 96, and still tested out @75%, but bought one new battery today....I accidently crossed the terminals, and fried one of the 2 fuses on the motor(one's a 20amp and bigger, the other is 15A and powers the trim circuit and piggybacks to the big red lead(starter soleniod?) and is the problem. I also saw a spark from the ground bus behind the battery switch from the big "motor ground". Anyway, replaced the 15A and headed out. 5 minutes out the motor died(no trim either). Replaced the burned and hot fuse...got about 15 minutes from that one Cleaned all the larger connections while drifting around......Used the last fuse(6) to get to the dock. Haven't tested anything yet, but since I enjoy tracing wiring diagrams, as much as I like filling out tax forms....wondering if anyone's fried this fuse/ might know where to start testing as to what might be causing this. I've got full battery voltage @ the fuse, but as I flushed the motor in the dark....haven't done anything else. Any help would be appreciated...Sincerely Tom

Almost forgot, I also noticed that the "cross your fingers" weld I did last summer on the lower unit @ the carrier bearing(outer) had recracked and am wondering if anyone has a known good lower unit they'd like to part with......Motor's only got about 400 well cared for hours on it, and runs great.(sorry, ran great) ...Sincerely Tom
    Last edited by blackmouth; 07-11-2008, 02:09 AM. Reason: missed something

Comment

Sounds like you fired the recetfier.

Comment

Working...
      X