Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Installation Guide to Re-Install 200hp Outboard

Hi there,

I need some help/advise on the Re-Installation of my twin 200hp 2004 4-Stroke Outboard Engines. The intention is to swop the motors from my old RIB to a new one, about the same size.

I have been scanning the net, but have not found any proper installation guide for workshops yet... But with some outside help I will swop the engines over without any guide, just duplicate what has been there, but I would like to be well prepped to avoid any flaws...

So, if someone has any ideas/drawings/pdfs/ any help is highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Armchairadmiral

Not sure what you are replacing but it's not that difficult.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

...well, it's basicly the changeover of the twin-engine setup from one boat to the other...

and what I'm after is advise on:
      • basic positioning of the engines
      • drill templates to pre set/predrill the mounting holes for the engines (2004 Yamaha 200hp Four-Stroke)
      • how to do it the smartest way, before I rip the heavy engines of the old boat, have them danggeling in the air on a forklift and then try to get them fitted to the stern of the new boat...

I know it's not that difficult, but sometimes it's not too bad to ask before you start...

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Comment

The F200's need to be set up on 28 1/2 inch centers(mininum). We can order you a transom drill fixture, part number is YB-34465.
        The top engine mounting holes are 12.8 inches in width and 3.1 inches from top of transom. The bottom mounting bolts are 9.8 inches in width and 10 inches from top of transom.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Would twin SX200TXRA's (25" shafts) be set up on 28 1/2inch on center on 24 degree transom deadrise? Also would I be able to use the transom drill fixture, p/n YB-34465?

Dave
          Dire Straits
          Twin SX200 OX66

Comment

Dave
            two stroke engines are 26 inch minimum centers and four stroke V-6, V-8's are 28 1/2 centers minimum.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X