2003 VMAX 150 HPDI - Detached hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 VMAX 150 HPDI - Detached hose

I have a 2003 VMAX 150 HPDI. It has a 1/8” id hose that runs the length from the lower engine housing to the lower unit. It actually attaches to a fitting on the Lower Unit. In the engine housing, the hose is just laying in the pan with a barb attached to the end. Should this hose be connected to another hose or a part of the engine? or Is this supposed to hang loose in the engine pan to serve as a vent? Right now it is not connected to anything.

Please help me understand the function of this hose and where it is supposed to be located. Confirming that the hose should not be connected to anything will give me peace of mind that is correct. If is should be connected to something, attaching it to the right spot will give me even more peace of mind.

Thank You.

That hose is the speedometer pickup, not needed if not using a speedo.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank You for the quick response. The motor is new to me and I am learning its characteristics. This explains why I have water dripping out the drain holes after I have been running.

Will this work with a standard speedo? I will either hook up my existing speedo hose or plug the hose.

Thanks Again!

Comment

If your speedo is using a pickup mounted on transom then just plug off one on outboard.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X