Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 150 not idleing

things i did:

changed plugs, cleaned carbs, checked fuel and oil lines.

problems i'm faced with:

a faulty trim/tilt switch on the engine. its moves by itself sometimes. the engine is not ideling at all and it runs as if it on 4 cylinders instead of 6.

please help

Check and see which plugs are not firing. The best way to do this is with a timing light. If you're getting fire to each plug then do a compression check. If you're not getting fire then change around the coil packs. This will tell you if the packs are bad or if there is a problem with them not getting a signal.

Comment

all the wires are good, plugs are firing, coils are working. I know i have a low battery could that be it?

i was told it could be the sensor bellow the fly wheel. I was also told to by pass the safety switch on the engine as a trial an error thing.

are any of these cases practical??

Comment

I thought the 150 HPDI ran on 4 cyl at lower RPMs ?

Comment

yahama 150xrtz i think. i'm also gettin an alarm it appers to be an ignition problem....

Comment

I'm gettin an alarm off of a black wire that leds to the powerpack....could this be my problem? and is ther anyway to test the powerpack?

Comment

It has an overheat and low oil level warning alarm. It will signal an alarm if landyard stop cord is unplugged when stater is engaged but not an alarm for an ignition problem.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

there's a spe******t commin in tomorrow, i'll let you all know what he says in detail what the problem is.

Comment

hey guys great news.......it wasnt the coils, plugs, ingnition system or oil pump and fuel pumps.

IT WAS DIRTY CARBS!!.....NUMBER ONE RULE ALWASY HAVE CARBS CHECKED EVERY SO OFTEN!!

i spent $500 changing and rearranging parts!!.....always check the carbs first. Oh and i didnt have a fuel water seperator on it to begin with.

thats a must have!!

so now the engine has new plugs, fuel pumps, water fuel seperator the works....***!!

thanks for all the hall everyone...happy boating!!

Comment

Working...
                  X