New 90TLR - wiring questions with trim/safety switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 90TLR - wiring questions with trim/safety switches

Need help with a repower on a 22 Glacier Bay cat. The Yamaha 90C manual the local dealer sold me is not helping with the wiring, leaves me a bit confused, as the harness doesn't match the book.

New (2006) twin 90TLR two strokes, wired as two independent systems. Have a pair of PROII series analog tach/trim gauges, separate yamaha key switches, and harnesses with all the wires seeming to color match well, but I don't have a yamaha remote control binnacle. I need to somehow connect harness wiring to a pair of existing remote trim switches and figure a way to wire the neutral safety switches in the morse MT3 binnacle to the key switch/harness wires. The main harness to the key switch has an unused 6 conductor plug that has red, blk, lt blue, lt green, and two different shades of brown wires, some of which will connect to the trim switches, but it seems I'll have to cut the connector and splice.

Is there a yamaha connector that I can use to the existing six wire main harness connector to operate separate existing trim switches? Or should I opt for the yamaha dual trim switches 704-82563-F0-00 (is this correct number) and would that contain the proper connectors?

Where does the neutral safety switch splice into, guessing one or both of the brownish colored wires on the main harness six conductor connector?

Have the following:
    6Y5-83553-N0-00 Gauge Harness (2 fuse)
    6Y5-83653-20-00 Trim Harness
    6K1-8258A-40-00 10P/Main/Harness/26ft
    704-82570-08-00 Panel, Main Switch A
    6Y7-83670-40-00 PRO Series II Trim Gauge
    6Y7-83540-80-00 PRO Series II Tach Guage

Any type of schematic or wire diagram for 90TLR would be greatly appreciated.

Order two 704-82541-10-00 coupler harness. It will plug into round connector on main harness and have bullet connectors on end of each wire to make it easy to connect wires from control box.
    Brown wires will go to neutral switch.
    Red, Green and Blue wires go to trim switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks! Order in shortly, one more question for clarification to test your patience...

If I wanted to replace the existing Bennet trim switches, which Yamaha switches would work for my dual, but separate arrangement?

Comment

You are better off going with the Bennett switch, the Yamaha switch wont handle the heavy current like the Bennett.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X