115 HP V4 Yamaha Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 HP V4 Yamaha Problem

I had problems with the oil reservoir over-filling under the hood from the on-board tank on my 115 HP V4 Yamaha Outboard. I stopped using this auto oiler and added oil to my gas. Unplugged all connections to the oil supply. This was 2 years ago. Lately, including at the end of the season in 2007, and now, the engine starts acting as though it is misfiring. I can slow down to 2000 rpm and it runs fine, but any higher RPM and it bogs down. When it started this last year I noticed that if I shutdown the motor and plug in the oil extra tank's wires which I have been running disconnected, the motor would run OK for a while, but today, this did not work.
    Any ideas if the oil is the problem or is it actually misfiring. Plugs are OK.
    I let it sit for about an hour yesterday (Sunday June 8, 2008) and it ran good.

I do not know what year model it is. Where can I find the engine number or what I need to get the year make it is?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Have a Great Day,
    Jraquel
    Last edited by jraquel; 06-09-2008, 12:10 PM.

The model and primaryId number should be on side of transom bracket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do you know what the last year was that the V4 115 HP was made? I see where the spark coils are listed for a 115 from 1985 through 1991. Are these the only years the motor was made?

"115 1985-1991 4 6E5-85570-11-00"

The number off my coil is CM61-26.

Comment

It is still made. It has used different ignition system over the years and I don't have any way of finding coil by number on coil.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. I will get the motor number this week end when I return to the site.

Comment

Sorry so late getting back.

The motor number is 115ETLJ

The Code is6E5L

Is it a 1986?

New question, It appears to be running hotter than it should , like the water pump is not working. Water is spraying out the small tube under the motor, but now for the question,,,,, The 2 plugs, one on top of each cylinder bank, are these water jacket access plugs? If I remove these plugs, is water supposed to come out these holes when the motor is running?

Also does the motor have a safety device that will make it not run at higher rpms if the motor is too hot?

Thanks and Have a Great Day.

Comment

Ever find a solution?

Comment

Working...
              X