91' 250 Oil Pump Sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91' 250 Oil Pump Sticky?

I decided to sync the carbs on my port motor. Now the oil pump keeps the throttle open a bit on the 3 port carbs. With the rod off of the engine it goes back to idle fine. When I move the rod with my hand the pump feels like it hangs up occasionally. Anyone seen this before?

I have done some searching and see that the OX66 motors can be set with a feeler gauge. Can I do that with mine also?

I doubt this pump has ever been adjusted since it was new so I must have annoyed it.

Thanks

No one local has one in stock and I can get a used one from a S225TXRU. Will this work?

Comment

There is no adjustment for oil pump just the oil pump link arm, after carbs are sync then adjust link arm just off of the stop.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do you have the pump in stock? Does it come with any other parts, o ring or hose clamps?

What is the part # for the TPS test harness? I'd like to set those with a volt meter.
        Last edited by Salty Dog; 06-10-2008, 05:14 AM.

Comment

We don't currently have that oil pump( 61A-13200-01-00)in stock, it does come with oring but not clamps. The TPS test lead is YB-06283.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

How much is the TPS lead?

Comment

That is special order part, call Boats.net at 877-512-6287 for price and availability.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X