Yamaha Oil Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Oil Injection

Has anybody had any trouble with they're oil injection on they're yamaha's ??My 2004 200hp 2-stroke blew up today. This is the second time this has happened to me. Once with my 150 and now with my 200. The yamaha people say something must of clogged on of the injectors. But the alarm never went off. It started knocking and before I could slow down the motor locked up. I am now a true beleiver in mixing my own gas. Is it just me or am I having bad luck cause I havent heard of anybody else having this trouble. Please let me know if anybody else is having trouble with they're oil.

The Yamaha oil injection has held up extremely well over the years. It does require some maintenance like replacing oil filter on boat oil tank, cleaning filter on engine tank and keeping a check on water trap hose on engine oil tank, if water found clean both tanks and inspection of oil injection hoses. Also use good oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The only cases I have seen where a single cylinder went down because of an oil injection problem was where low quality oil was being used and it sat long enough for the oil to gel in the valve between the engine and engine pump.
      Are you sure that was the cause and not a fuel restriction ?

Comment

Working...
      X