Conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion question

OK, this seems to be the site where I can get some information on a conversion I'd like to do.

I currently have a 96 yamaha 30hp manual start, tilt and tiller. I also have a Teleflex Safe-T steering wheel cable etc. that came with the boat, previously hooked to a different engine. There is no engine connenction bracket or anything.

What I want to do is use the console, wheel and cable I have already to get remote steering, I think I need some type of steering connection kit. I also want to hook up remote throttle and shift. Preferably a dual function lever that controls throttle and shift. What do I need to do this? Instructions?

I'll have to deal with the manual tilt for now and probably the pull start as well. Is there a electric start conversion kit?

Thanks for the help!

You would need
    6J8-48501-03-4D Remote conversion kit
    689-61350-02-00 Steering attachment kit
    6J8-48511-51-4D Steering hook
    The control box would depend on manual start or elect start.
    To convert to elect start you would need
    6J8-85550-A0-00 Flywheel
    All parts listed at http://www.boats.net/parts/search.ht...S+2+%2830ER%29
    and all parts listed at http://www.boats.net/parts/search.ht...CTRIC+START%29
    703-48230-15-10 703 side mount control box with 7 pin harness and key switch
    two MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed) control cables
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Awsome, thanks for the help!

So, forgoing the electric start, for the steering and control conversion I need to order;
      6J8-48501-03-4D Remote conversion kit
      689-61350-02-00 Steering attachment kit
      6J8-48511-51-4D Steering hook

Do I need control cables (throttle and shift), or does it come with the kit? If not, what do you recommend? Will I be able to use a dual control (throttle and shift with one lever) box? Which one do you recommend?

The Teleflex steering parts I currently have will work with the attachment kit and hook, right?

Thanks again! Cheers.

Comment

Oh yeah, would I be able to work a tach and speedometer with this system?

Comment

For manual start use 701-48101-51-00 701 side mount control box, 1 lever throttle and shift operation. Will need 2 MAR-CABLE-xx-SC control cables. You would have to start and stop engine at engine. A analog tach and speedo could be installed but you would have to wire it in from motor and install a power switch.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks dude, you're a big help.

Comment

Working...
            X