1,2, 1+2 Battery Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,2, 1+2 Battery Switch

I have a 2001 Yamaha T50 and want to install a newer 2nd battery and a Sea Blue Battery switch I got to handle accessories while we are anchored. Will my motor alternator be under any stress while running in the 1+2 mode? My plan was to have my starting battery (1) then switch over to (1+2) while going then to (2) while anchored. Or what would be the best way to do this set up??? I have a Sea Blue 9002e switch. The boat still has its 2002 Optima Blue top and seems to be doing good, but I wanted to install a second deep cycle off brand to run accessories, ie radio ect. Thanks..

Desert Dog

That motor charges 10 amp's at wide open throttle, that would be about 5 amps to each battery(the weaker battery would get most of the charge). If your accessories are 5 amps or more you would need to charge battery when you return to keep fully charged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

what would a 250z put out in amps??

Comment

Switch

Check your documentation carefully. I dont believe you can just go switching those while the engines are running.

Comment

The HPDI(Z250) 250's have a 45 amp alternator. The OX66(SX250) have 35 amp alternator.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

why do you say never run the boat in -all/both?

Comment

It may not be right, but I have a 1998 s250 and have always run on both batteries, the only time I think it would be bad is if you were sitting all day with the engine off and draining a lot of power, and then cranking the engine and trying to charge 2 drained batteries, could melt your stator,

Comment

You get a much better charge on the batteries when you only charge one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X