yamaha 704 remote con*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 704 remote con*****

i have a yamaha 150 2 stoke with a 704 remote con*****, everything shifts great, the only problem is when i push the throttle foward its slipd back to a lower rpm. is there any way to tighten the cable.

there is an adjust pin on the front of the control

Comment

I opened up the black cover there are 2 adjustment screws i would imagine the top screw is for the foward and bottom reverse, do you know if the screws should be turned in or out.

Comment

Cover screws frozen

I went to check my friction adjustment and learned 3 of 4 of the cover screws are totally frozen.

There is no space to shoot PB Blaster. Should I cut the heads off or unbolt the control from the console to gain access to the cover screws.
        CBO
        1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 17 I
        2003 Yamaha F115

Comment

The throttle friction screw is not on top of control box, it's in the back of control at an angle.
          The screws holding cover will probably break off when you try to unscrew them. The flange the screws go into will unscrew from control box to remove broken screws.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

so the throttle friction screw isnt behind the black cover in the front, its in the beac by the cables?

Comment

Yes it is. Remove the plastic cover and it's on rear of control at bottom.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X