No announcement yet.

Can someone e-mail me a rigging guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone e-mail me a rigging guide?

I have this tach. 6Y5-8350T-82-00

It did not come with any manual or instructions. A rigging guide for any 200hp 2-stroke 1994-2004 would be great.

Thanks!

I just got the same multifunction tach as a replacement for the one that came with my 1999 Yamaha 90HP. If this tach is to replace your existing tach, then keep reading my post.

The new tach has two fewer wires than the old one. The missing wires are an orange and a black w/white stripe. These wires come from the trim sender.

First off, you'll need to set the three dip switches (by removing the rubber plug on the back side of the gauge) all to the down position.

Second, you'll either need to upgrade your wiring harness by buying the parts here at boats.net, or you can follow these instructions below:

*** Please note that this worked for me, but please perform this at your own risk. I am not recommending that anyone else follow these instructions. I'm simply posting what I did *****

Cut the 4 wire female terminal block off the old tach. Make sure to leave at least an inch of wire exposed. Plug this female terminal block into the male block that comes attached to the new tach.

The new tach will have four single wires with connectors on them, plus the 4 wire terminal block which now has a female block with the 4 short leads coming off of it. Connect the four individual wires (yellow, green, black, and blue) into the same places as the ones from your old tach.

The 2 square terminal blocks under your dash that connected to your old tach will need to be cut off. This will create a total of 6 loose wires (green w/red stripe, green w/black stripe, orange, black w/white stripe, pink, and gray).

Connect the green w/red stripe, green w/black stripe, and pink wires to their correlating wires on the new tach. Disregard the color of short wire pieces coming from the terminal block, and concentrate on the wire colors from the tach itself. I used the water proof butt connectors that have heat shrink tubing built into them.

This will leave 3 wires left: gray, orange, black w/white stripe

Connect the orange AND gray wires (from under the dash) both to the Gray wire on the tach.

Connect the black w/white stripe directly to a ground terminal on your fuse block.

That's it!

This worked for me, and I hope the information is valuable to you.
    Last edited by megalops; 04-11-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X