703 controls...extra wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 controls...extra wires?

anyone know what exactly the extra wires are for?

I've got:

1 green
    2 yellow
    2 black
    1 red
    1 pink

I would assume tach/oil light/trim/etc ? to set all of this up, is it just a matter of plugging in a trim gauge, and everything works?

anyone know exactly what the wires are for?

thanks
    Mike

also wondering... if this motor is not so old that I could plug in one of those "multi function displays" that has speed/tach/trim etc?

Comment

Those are the power wires to power up gauges, use with 6Y5-82553-N0-00 gauge harness. For warning lights and trim gauge you will need a Trim/Oil harness thats connects to engine. If your motor is 1993 or older the trim/oil harness are no longer available to operate a trim gauge or oil lights but you can use a analog tach connected to gauge harness(6Y5-82553-N0-00). 1994-2000 motor use 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks again boats.net... you have all the answers...

So the motor is a 1988 90 HP ETLG.... Is it one harness that will pretty well take care of it all?

I'm buying the following gauges:
        Trim
        Tach w/ Oil Level
        Volt Meter
        Water Temp - Does that plug into a harness or splice off the motor?

Also found these wires on my motor, not connected to anything.....any ideas?

thanks in advance!!

Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Those wires are to connect trim gauge to trim sender(the 3 wires) and oil level light in tach(green/red wire). The harness to run to gauges are no longer available and you have make your own wiring harness and you will have cut the harness on back of tach and do your own wire connections. I would suggest getting tach without oil lights. Be sure the trim gauge is for 3 wire trim sender. The temp gauge does require a temp sender 688-83591-00-00.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X