Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rig my F115 2003 with water temp and pressure sender

Hi all

I hope you can help me out on this problem I have with the correct rigging of my F115 2003.

I have recently bought both a "water pressure gauge and sender unit" and a watertemp. sender. But both my rigging manual and repair shop manual doesn't show anything on how to rig the F115, only V4 and V6 - but the F115 is an inline model :-(.

I have uploaded a picture of the block with 3 markings that I hope you can explain the use of. http://Billedeupload.dk/showpic-1206.jpg
    (or maybe some other alternatives)

The green circle I guess is the preinstalled temp-sender.
    But I would like to install an additional temp sender and also the waterpressure sender, and I hope the blue and red markings can be used for it.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by preps1; 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM.

Unfortunately the F115 only has one port so you can only install a water pressure or a water temp gauge not both. The plug in the blue circle on photo is the correct one.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Blue circle....

I've hooked up water pressure fittings at that spot where you have the blue circle. So I know that works. I'm not sure what the other circled spot would offer. Is it a Yamaha gauge set? Would it not work just using the existing sender and jump off the wires at the console?

-Mike

Comment

The engine temp sensor probably would not operate a temp gauge very well, it sends signal to ECU of engine temp in three levels cold engine, normal temp or overheated engine. If you could find a tee fitting same thread as pressure sensor port in block you could thread gauge temp sensor in one side of tee and water pressure sensor in other side of tee. I havn't tried that and not sure if such a tee fitting is available but might work.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate your quick answers.

It is genuine Yamaha parts I'm trying to install.

Boats - your idea sounds interesting, I have a cousin in the Hydraulics business, he has acces to all kind of fitting, maybe he can fix something for me!
          If that isn't gonna work, maybe I could try to blow air softly into the red spot and see if it comes out at the blue spot, if so then adapt the temp sender to the red spot.

Does anybody know what the red spot is? the guides doesn't explain anything although it is found most engines.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            If you could find a tee fitting same thread as pressure sensor port in block you could thread gauge temp sensor in one side of tee and water pressure sensor in other side of tee. I havn't tried that and not sure if such a tee fitting is available but might work.
            I have now installed both the water pressure sender and the temp sender to a custom made tee fitting.

The pressure sender works fine, but the temp sender doesn't register any change in the water temperature, so i'm wondering if the blue spot is the proper place for mounting the temp sender,

maybe this is where the cold cooling water goes into the engine. It should instead be placed where the heated cooling water exits the engine.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Comment

Working...
            X