2007 F150 Ignition Buzzer Sounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F150 Ignition Buzzer Sounding

Just purchased a new Contender with twin Yamaha F150 4 Stroke outboards(year 2007). Both engines start right up cold and run great for about the first hour of operation. After the first hour the starbord motor starts to stall frequently, restarting with no problem.

After a full day of operation 4-8 hours, if the motor stalls it will not restart for about an hour (this is not good offshore). When i turn the ignition key to on the gauge initializes but as soon as i turn the key to the start position a buzzer in the ignition sounds until i turn the key to the off position, the engine cranks during this buzzer but will not start. I have tried squeezing the fuel ball and flow is not an issue. I have not changed oil, or the fuel filter as these motors only have about 15 hours on them. I am about to call a mechanic for warranty work.

I am looking for any possible feedback as i am curious as to why this is occurring.

Thanks everyone!

Check the landyard stop switch, if buzzer sounds when key is in start position it is signaling that landyard cord is unplugged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X