how many harnesses?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many harnesses?????????

First off,.....I,d like to hello to everyone on this forum as I am a new member!!
    I,ve been lurking for a while and decided its time to jump in the fray
    with that said ...I have but one "easy" question......I,ll start with a little background
    I just purchased a 1993...250H.P. motor.it was an e-bay sell ...so that should speak volumes!!!!
    The motor is now hung on the boat and I have just purchased the 10 pin harness with keyed ignition
    The harness plugged right in but.....the low oil horn is still going off......thats after filling the aggravating thing full to the top with oil !!!!!!
    And I notice that I need a couple more harnesses.....
    how many do I need????
    what do they control???
    The binnacle is not in yet ...and I,m sure that it will take one harness for T&T.
    on a quick side note ...after plugging in the 10 pin the motor still will not turn over..........
    what now??????take it in ????
    shoot it!!!!
    use it for an anchor??
    any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

To get engine running you will need two harness's, the 10 pin main harness and oil tank harness to remote oil tank. The 704 control box does need to have wires connected 10 pin harness for engine starter to work, it has a neutral safety switch. If you don't have gauges then that is all you need.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

would it be possible for you to post ALL the harnesses that I need...
      also....can I just eliminate the remote oil tank and mix my oil myself?
      thoughts???suggestions??

Comment

The oil tank harness is 6E5-85721-10-00. The gauge harness's may not be available anymore but would need to know what gauges you have. I would leave the oil injection system on it but thats up to you.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X