F60TLR wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60TLR wiring

Just bought a slightly used F60TLR but the wiring to the console (10conductors) was cut. I bought a manual but it only had the wiring for the motor itself. anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for these 10 wires?? Also, the 703 controls, are they reversible?? Thanks in advance!!

JoeC

If you are using a 703 control box the main elect harness is in the control box and only other wires that would go to console would be for gauges. Do you have Yamaha gauges?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

No, I don't have yamaha gauges. I really need a tach but other than that I can live without. Seeing as how it's Christmas and I'm completely broke (Not a good thing in the boating world) is there a wiring diagram anywhere so I can wire this up to my ignition switch and get it running? I think I have some of it figured out....

Red = Batt. Positive
      Black = Batt. Neg.
      Brown = Start??
      Yellow = key on??
      lt. blue = trim up
      lt. green = trim down
      so that leaves me with these that I'm not to sure about..
      pink
      green
      blue
      white

I appreciated everyones help!! Thanks again!

JoeC

Comment

Pink= warning buzzer
        Green= tach signal
        Blue= choke(not needed on F60TLR)
        White= ignition stop circuit
        You have the rest of them right.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

im in need of some help to

i have a 703 control box coming out in a harness i have 3 open wires that have been cut off green, black, yellow i assume these are main power/negitave leads all the rest havent been cut but all have caps on them red is by it self but togather capped are 2 yellow leads, 2 black leads, and a white they are one a 3 capp system i assume i wont need most of the wires unless i get guages i just need to know what to hook up to start the engine thanks

florida bud

Comment

The 703 side mount control box should have 1 large harness that connects to engine. If this harness hasn't been cut then the engine should start and run.
            Also has a small harness with red,green,yellow and black wire to connect to gauges. Some also have a harness with red,blue and green wire to connect to a external trim switch.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

so all i have to do is hook up the harness dose the key and choke get power from the motor??? all wires in harness to motor ok its the wires out of the control box im interested in most are capped im guessing they got to guages
              the three that looked like the previous owner hooked up are yellow, black, and green he removed motor before i see what he did and didnt ask i have pic if theres a way to send them thanks

florida bud

Comment

Yes all the power comes from motor by way of engine harness. The gauges use the yellow(key on power), green(tach signal) and black wire(ground).
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you much i couldent figure it out every wiring diagram was saying somthing diffrent so ill just tuck them away then

florida bud

Comment

Working...
                  X