Oil seal housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil seal housing

I recently ordered a water pump kit and it included an o-ring and seal for the oil seal housing. How critical is it to install these as part of the impellor change>

2002 70TRLA 2-stroke

Your advise is much appreciated,

JT

Hi, It is not absoluty necessary, but it is a very good idea, since you already have everything apart to change the water pump. When I first did my water punp, I asked myself the same question, I was leary about doing it, because I had never done it. I looked in the service manual, and it did not seem like rocket science, so I did it, and was glad I did, On the starboard motor, a 2004 F225, there were signs of seal failure. It is a simple matter to do, don't be afraid to tackel it. let me know how you make out.
    Dennis

Comment

I appreciate the reply Dennisq. My issue was with getting the oil seal housing out. After studing the shop manual and thinking it through I got it out by "walking" it with a couple of large screw drivers. I guess the factory fit was so tight I was afraid to use too much force for fear of breaking something. Once I got it out it was a piece of cake and went back in with out problem. Thanks again for the reply.

JT

Comment

Working...
      X