BETO Emergency Start Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BETO Emergency Start Valve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone explain how this valve works and what is the position in normal operation. I have a 70 BETO which has three positons for the ESV namely normal/open/closed, however the operators manual on the Yamaha web site only shows two positions open/closed.

Before the engine was rebuilt due to noisy bearings the engine ran up to full power with the valve in the normal position but since rebuild the only way it will run over 3000 rpm is with the valve in the closed position.

Normal is for auto choke, The open and closed position is manual choke operation. If it will run with choke closed then must have dirty carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply , so this means that I should be running with the valve in the "normal " position during normal operation as I was before the rebuild.Makes sense.

To clarify one point, when the valve is in the emergency "closed" position , is it closed to fuel ie not choked .

If this is the case then wouldn't this suggest that under normal running the carbs are running rich ?.

I have ordered a set of parts ( daphragm, o rings , body and cover) for the valve and hope this will cure the problem .

Comment

Choke is when lever is in closed position. Which normally would make engine run rich.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X